Fachgruppe Deep-Sky (German work group Deep-Sky)
About the work group
This work group is part of the German astronomy club ("Vereinigung der Sternfreunde e.V.", see Contact) and deals basically with visually observing Deep Sky Objects. The main objectives are:
- exchange of experience via this website, the VdS-Journal (only in German!), ...
- organizing projects and joint observations of selected, also less known objects
- support in any kind to help beginners as well as experienced observers
Most important here is teamwork. So everyone can contribute his or her ideas to design this website, projects and so on. If you are interested in observations of a special object for your own comparison or you have picked up an interesting object, please let us know. But you can also ask around the topic Deep Sky, telescopes, ... Just write a mail.
Besides observing objects articles are also welcome. These don't necessarily need to be printed in the VdS-Journal, but can also be made available on this site for download.
Basically everyone can contribute to this work group. Membership in the VdS is not required.
Due to the fact, that this is a German association, it is not possible to provide everything in English. Write me a mail if you need help!
- 2017-07-25: Skyguide 2017 II (Summer) released
- 2017-04-14: Skyguide 2017 I (Spring) released
- 2017-01-21: Skyguide 2016 IV (Winter) released
- 2016-10-16: We added a list of members and their projects, which will be completed the next time.
- 2016-10-11: Skyguide 2016 III (Autumn) released
- 2016-07-10: Skyguide 2016 II (Summer) released
- 2016-04-12: Skyguide 2016 I (Spring) released
- 2016-01-11: Skyguide 2015 IV (Winter) released
- 2015-11-04: Skyguide 2015 III (Autumn) released
- 2015-08-18: Skyguide 2015 II (Summer) released
- 2015-04-26: Skyguide 2015 I (Spring) released
- 2014-12-24: Skyguide 2014 IV (Winter) released
- 2014-12-09: Added a blank protocol as template for own observation notes (see Introduction).
- 2014-09-13: Skyguide 2014 III (Autumn) released
- 2014-08-14: After a long time the new website of this work group is now available. Hopefully it will grow up the next time.